August 25-30, 2013
The physics of ultrashort laser pulses and laser matter interactions
Michael Geissler (U Belfast)
Mark Prandolini (HI Jena & DESY)
Christian Spielmann (U Jena)
Matt Zepf (HI Jena & U Belfast)
Renate Märtin (RS-APS)
Gerhard Burau (HGS-HIRe)
Topics to be addressed
1. Generation and amplification of ultrashort laser pulses
2. Nonlinear optics and characterization of ultrashort laser pulses
3. Theory of laser matter interaction (pertubative and non-pertubative nonlinear optics)
4. Ionization and high harmonic generation
5. Theory of relativistic nonlinear optics
6. Laser plasma interaction (surface HHG, particle acceleration)
7. Real laser systems, challenges and solutions
8. Combining high power lasers and conventional accelerators
|Travel from Frankfurt
by chartered bus
||Travel to Jena
||Break/Visit in Jena
||Travel to Frankfurt
|Checkin & Dinner
Topics provided by the lecturers download
- Talk: Bertold Feher; Partner: Armen Hayrapetyan
Real Laser Beams
- Talk: Ann-Kathrin Rink; Partner: Jana Bierbach
Useful Laboratory Devices: Acousto-optic Modulators (AOM) and/or Pockels Cell
- Talk: Hao Ding; Partner: Ge Xu
Laser-Induced Damage from Ultrashort Laser Pulses
- Talk: Alexander Blinne; Partner: Alexander Martin
Overview over recent developments in Laser-Wakefield acceleration
- Talk: Max Schwemlein; Partner: Oliver Matula
- Talk: Zsolt Lecz; Partner: Thorsten Jahrsetz
Beyond relativistic optics
- Talk: Julius Biedermann; Partner: Tobias Gassner
Generation and measurement of attosecond pulses
- Talk: Tobias Murböck; Partner: Marc Syha
The lighthouse effect
- Talk: Frederik King; Partner: Arno Klenke
Mapping orbital wave functions through HHG
- Talk: Robert Jaeger; Partner: Johannes Ullmann
Radiation Pressure Acceleration of Ions
- Talk: Martin Wünsche; Partner: Karl-Heinz Blumenhagen
Propagation of ultrashort light pulses in highly nonlinear media
- Talk: Andreas Schönlein; Partner: Stefan Schmidt
Stimulated Raman Backscattering Based Amplification in a Laser Generated Plasma
- Talk: Max Möller; Partner: Marco Wiesel
Light beams with orbital angular momentum
Arrival in Ulrichshusen and checkin are on Sunday, August 25, in the evening.
The scientific part of the lecture week starts on Monday morning and closes on Thursday evening.
Departure to Jena/Frankfurt is scheduled for Friday morning after breakfast.
If you will arrive late or on your own please contact the coordinator in advance so key pick up can be arranged.
The lecture week will be at Ulrichshusen Manor.
The address is: Gut Ulrichshusen, Hofplatz, D-17194 Tressow.
More information can be found here
We travel by chartered bus to Ulrichshusen. Details including schedule and departure points can be found
Accomodation is mostly in twin bed rooms.
Full board is included in the lecture week.
Special food requirements (vegetarian, other) have been communicated to the coordinator in advance.
The information has been forwarded to the local kitchen team.
What to bring
The lecture week will be very informal, so only casual attire necessary.
All rooms have linen, towels and a hair dryer, no need to bring them.
Wireless LAN is available. Please bring your own laptop.
Each participant will contribute in a presentation. Subjects will be given in due time
before the lecturer week. They will be arranged by the lecturers. The presentation will
not be on the own scientific work of the participant but will be connected to the topic
of the lecture week. A laptop and projector will be available. In addition flip charts
can be used. Presentation time is about 25 minutes including discussion.
All basic expenses are covered by HGS-HIRe and RS-APS, respectively. All meals are included.
You only have to pay for local expenses (drinks, etc.). The venue offers a bike rental service
on request. In case you want to use this service you have to pay for it as well.
Though this trip will not generate any costs for your supervisor or group please
do not forget to file a trip request so you are covered by insurance during the
lecture week. Please ask the secretary of your official supervisor at the university
for the appropriate form.
- Julius Biedermann
- Alexander Blinne
- Karl-Heinz Blumenhagen
- Hao Ding
- Bertold Feher
- Tobias Gassner
- Armen Hayrapetyan
- Robert Jaeger
- Thorsten Jahrsetz
- Frederik King
- Arno Klenke
- Zsolt Lecz
- Alexander Martin
- Oliver Matula
- Max Möller
- Tobias Murböck
- Ann-Kathrin Rink
- Stefan Schmidt
- Andreas Schönlein
- Max Schwemlein
- Marc Syha
- Johannes Ullmann
- Marco Wiesel
- Martin Wünsche
- Ge Xu